Thursday, December 12, 2013

OH, CRAP! I OVERSLEPT!!

I know I am a long sleeper. 8 hours sleep isn't enough for me!!
I had a Taijiquan class this morning, but I overslept...

My husband must go to work at 7 in the morning. So I wake up (technically he wakes me up) at 6:30 and I prepare our breakfast. Recently I go to bed at 12:30 or 1 at night because he comes home late. That's why I feel really really sleepy. Fortunately I don't have to go to work. I usually go to bed and sleep again after I see him off to his work.

Do you know how to say "go back to sleep after waking up in the morning" in Japanese? There's a verb to express this action.


*Japanese Word of the Day*
二度寝(にどね)する
/nidone suru/

*二度/nido/ twice
*寝/ne/ is from the verb 寝る/reru/, to sleep.

If you 二度寝する(go back to sleep again), you might 寝過ごす (oversleep).
It often happens. Have you done it before?

*寝(ね)過(す)ごす/nesugosu/ to oversleep



What will you say if you overslept?
I would say: やばい!!!!寝坊した!!!!!

*やばい/yabai/ is said when something bad happened.
Well, confusingly, it's also often used as "awesome" or "amazing".

*寝坊(ねぼう)した is past tense of 寝坊する/nebou suru/
It means "to sleep in".



Too many words today? I hope this article isn't too boring to make you sleepy. Lol
I love sleeping!!=)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Google+: