Friday, August 22, 2014

Japanese Phrases for Language Exchange (2)

The best way to be able to speak a foreign language fluently is to speak it a lot. It is very simple and makes sense. You can find a Language Exchange partner on the internet, and chat with him via Skype or other tools.

I know, but I still feel embarrassed. It would take a long time to speak even a simple, easy sentence, and I will make many mistakes. Don't you think so?
Well, don't worry. Your partner won't expect you to speak perfect sentences.
Do you remember this post? don't be embarrassed to make mistakes :)


I've written some basic and useful phrases for Language Exchange in a previous post. (Japanese Phrases for Language Exchange) In this post, I'm gonna introduce you some additional expressions.

えっと・・・ちょっと待(ま)って
/etto... chotto matte/
Let's see... Wait a moment

そう、そう
/so so/
Yeah, that's right

う~ん、なんて言(い)うのかな・・・
/wuun, nante iu-no kana/
Hmm... How can I say..

ん?どういうこと?
/n? dou iu koto?/
Hmm? What do you mean?

えっと、だから・・・
/etto, dakara/
Well, I mean...



ごめん、よく聞(き)こえない
/gomen, yoku kikoe-nai/
Sorry, I can't hear you well

間違(まちが)えてたら、教(おし)えてくれる?
/machigaete-tara, oshiete-kureru?/
Can you tell me if I make a mistake?

わかった?
/wakatta?/
Do you understand?

どう思(おも)う?
/dou omou?/
What do you think?

あ、間違(まちが)えた
/ah, machigaeta/
Oops, I made a mistake

ほんとに?
/honto ni?/
Really?

そうじゃなくて・・・
/sou ja nakute/
It's not what I mean but...

I've written some basic and useful phrases for Language Exchange in a previous post. Please check it out! Japanese Phrases for Language Exchange

Let me know if you want to know how to say any phrases in Japanese. :)

2 comments:

Comments on Google+: