Friday, January 9, 2015

Flip Book Animation

Have you made a flip book before? I have. I used to draw a picture in the corner of a notebook during a class. (Sorry teacher!) Math textbooks were best for flipping. That's why I wasn't good at Mathematics, I guess.

I found an interesting video on Youtube. It's a flip book animation made by a Japanese comedian (is he still working as a comedian? I'm not sure..).



During the New Year's holidays, I went to see this movie ―Big Hero 6.
Just so you know, it actually isn't a flip book animation movie, but it's the latest film from Disney. You know, the story is set in a fictional town which is a mash-up of San Francisco and Tokyo, and the protagonist is a Japanese boy. But don't worry, they all speak perfect English, not Japanese. haha

It was much more exciting than I expected. I love this movie.

If you're interested in the music of it, this Youtube video (click here!) would be helpful for you to know its lyrics and its English translations. This song also has a English version.



*Japanese Word of the Day*
休(やす)みのあいだ、勉強(べんきょう)サボってた。
/yasumi no aida, benkyou sabotteta/
I was slacking off on study during the holidays.

*休(やす)み /yasumi/ day-off, holidays
*~のあいだ /...no aida/ between, during, among
*勉強(べんきょう) /benkyou/ study, work
*サボる /saboru/ to slack off, to goof off, to bunk off
―サボった /sabotta/ is the past tense of the verb サボる.

:P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Google+: