Monday, April 27, 2015

Hooked On!!

*Japanese Word of the Day*
最近(さいきん)、絵(え)を描(か)くのにハマ(はま)ってるんだよね。
/saikin, e wo kaku no ni hamatterun dayone/
I'm recently hooked on painting a picture!!

*最近(さいきん) /saikin/ recently, these days

*絵(え) /e/ a drawing, a painting, a sketch, a illustration
絵(え)を描(か)く /e wo kaku/ to draw/paint a picture

*~にハマ(はま)ってる /...ni hamatte iru/ to be hooked on, to be into
When we speak, this  is often omitted.

You may thought what between 絵を描く and ハマってる means. It's one of the particles! It's added after a verb to change it into a noun. Sometimes we use こと instead of . (Or, we use instead of こと sometimes?? I'm not sure...)

◎ 絵を描く の にハマってる。
◎ 絵を描く こと にハマってる。
× 絵を描く に ハマってる。

Read this post to know the other usage of . :)
の=of ?



Actually, I'm into painting with oil pastels! I recently upload some of my paintings on Pinterest. Please visit my page if you're interested. :3

And I want to add one more phrase today.
最近(さいきん)、ハマっていることはありますか?
Guess what it means, and let me know your answer! haha





By the way, I found a very interesting blog post!!
How to Write in Japanese - A Beginner's Guide
This is a step-by-step guide to reading and writing Japanese, Kana and Kanji.



That's all for today! Thank you for reading. See you next time! :)

Related post:
Kanji Lesson
Japanese is easier than you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Google+: