Thursday, April 16, 2015

How long do you stay?

*Japanese Word of the Day*
何泊(なんはく/なんぱく)する予定(よてい)?
/nanhaku(nanpaku) suru yotei?/
How many nights do you plan to stay?

三泊(さんぱく)四日(よっか)だよ。
/sanpaku-yokka dayo/
For 4 days and 3 nights.

You can say only 三泊(3 nights) instead of 三泊四日(4 days and 3 nights), but we usually say the latter. means "to stay" and it's pronounced as はく/haku/ or ぱく/paku/.

・一泊(いっく)二日(ふつか) 2 days and 1 night
・二泊(にはく)三日(みっか) 3 days and 2 nights
・三泊(さんく)四日(よっか) 4 days and 3 nights
・四泊(よんはく/よんく)五日(いつか) 5 days and 4 nights
・五泊(ごはく)六日(むいか) 6 days and 5 nights

*~泊する/...haku(paku) suru/ to stay ... nights
・一泊(いっぱく)する
・二泊(にはく)する
・三泊(さんぱく)する

*予定(よてい)/yotei/ a plan
*~する予定 /...suru yotei/ I'm going to ...

今週(こんしゅう)の日曜日(にちようび)何(なに)か予定(よてい)ある?
/konshuu no nichi-youbi nanika yotei aru?/
Do you have any plans for this Sunday?
明日(あした)は友(とも)だちと遊(あそ)びに行(い)く予定(よてい)。
I'm going to hang out with my friends.



I took a trip to Matsu Island, which is one of the small islands in Taiwan. It was a 4-day trip (三泊四日). I stayed in a pretty village, Chinbe Village, which has a beach right in front of it.


Chinbe Village

The hotel I stayed
It was foggy on the last day. All flights cancelled due to dense fog, so I tried to get a ferry ticket instead. It would take 7 hours from the island by ferry but it was the only way to go back. There were a lot of people in the small port. It was exhausting and stressful... I couldn't buy a ticket after all. They ran just one ferry a day, and they were close the next day.

I heard that there was another route to go back to Taiwan: Take a ferry to China first, and then take a plane to Taiwan. So I tried anything I could do. It was hard but a great practice speaking Chinese! :'D Unfortunately, the ferry also cancelled. I had to wait until the fog was cleared. I ended up staying 2 more days!


Anyway, it was a nice trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on Google+: